Crewkerne & District Museum & Heritage Centre
Crewkerne Museum and Heritage Centre is a private charity without significant public funding. Our website aims to be accessible and looks to current web accessibility guidelines – ACAG 2.1. We will strive to make our online content open to all and are working towards achieving Level AA guidelines.
To achieve this we are currently working on the following:
- providing alternative text for illustrative images
- ensuring our text is easily readable both in style and content
In the future we hope to make further changes to achieve the equivalent of the AA rating.
For example, we will try to ensure that you will be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
As an entirely volunteer-run charity we will make changes as quickly as we can.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our phone number is: 01460 77079
Our address is: Market Square, Crewkerne, Somerset, TA18 7LP
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us as above.
Version: October 2020